Recently, SAP Analytics Cloud was accepted into the latest Constellation ShortList™ for Cloud-Based Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms.
Constellation Research Inc. is a technology research and advisory firm based in Silicon Valley. One of their specialties is to conduct research on emerging technologies, identify and validate trends, and share these insights with clients, empowering them to succeed in the digital economy.
Roughly every 180 days, Constellation Research publishes the Constellation Shortlist™, which highlights cloud-based business intelligence and analytics platforms that deliver deep and contextual insights. Constellation evaluates over 25 solutions categorized in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share, and internal research.
Since the last report, SAP Analytics Cloud was added to this Constellation ShortList.
Constellation considers the following criteria for their cloud-based business intelligence and analytics platforms shortlist:
✔ Delivery of cloud-based business intelligence platform and descriptive and diagnostic analytics services with hybrid data-access capabilities
✔ Data-management capabilities, including data integration and self-service data preparation
✔ Breadth of analysis tools, including dashboarding, data visualization, and basic forecasting and predictive capabilities
✔ Mobile reporting, visualization, analysis
✔ Support for services-based delivery of insights into internal and external applications
✔ Rich collaboration features for authors, analysts and consumers
Cloud-based business intelligence and analytics solutions are becoming more common place. Constellation Research projects by 2020, 60 percent of mission-critical data will be accessed in the cloud rather than owned by enterprises.
Here are a few advantages of the cloud:
- Scalable — Cloud solutions are a cost effective way to grow along with your business
- Global Access — With just an internet connection, employees always have access to what’s needed to get the job done, no matter where they are
- Data Security — By having your data in the cloud, a lost or stolen device does not result in the loss of data
- Automatic Updates — Software and security updates deploy automatically for all users so that everyone is running the most secure and up-to-date version of the software
- Single Source — Employees can access a single source of data, ensuring they see the most up-to-date analytics reporting any time they log in
- Safety — By keeping your data off-site, you will ensure its safety from disaster and theft
Cloud-based BI and analytics systems may also serve as information hubs, connecting both internal and external applications and allowing for different reports, dashboards, KPIs, alerts, and recommendations to be accessed and managed.
SAP Analytics Cloud is honored to be included in the latest Constellation ShortList. To learn more about Constellation Research and the Constellation ShortList, please visit the Constellation Website.